Saturday, October 22, 2011

Re: 2010 - Present issue' ratings 1-9

September 2010:

Cover - 7 (not my cup of tea, but very well executed)

Dossier - 8 (a gracious retrospective that filled in some of the many gaps in my knowledge of Frazetta's work)

Gallery - 7 (yes, please, a bit more surrealism with my pinup)

Tarot Cards - 5 (but a bit more appealing to me than many)

The Sun Will Die Blind - 8 (imaginative art and writing that kept getting better, i thought it was ending at page 6, but it picked up speed instead. nice)

Fluorescent Black - 8.5 (for me this was the best installment, it seemed to come together and add the the whole. i like a bit of philosophical perspective with my fantasy, and the us against the man theme takes me back)

The Woodsman and the Dryads - 7 (i liked the art and the twist in the story, though it made me infer some things rather than show them to me. i did not find it through the forum search, but you can see the preview of this strip in cuervoscuro's other posts here.)

Joe in the Future - 6 (i enjoyed the story-with-illustrations format, and i liked the humor in the writing. sometimes i wish life was just about finding smokes. i thought the art could have used more development, to give me more to look at. i'm going to have to look up some of the other instances of this in previous issues, i know they're there but i don't remember them)

Off the Deep End - 6 (looks like it could be fun, but it just stopped)

Three Little Murders - 7.5 (i thought it was really well done. the combination of art styles and the writing appealed to me. the cheesehead was hilarious)

Colt the Outlander - 6 (glad it's continuing)

Artist Studio - 6 (a wide range of style and execution)

Back Cover - 5

No comments: