Saturday, October 22, 2011

another one

'One Step Beyond - June 1996'

While this issue was a blatant attempt to cash in more on the re-release of the Heavy Metal movie. I thought there were a couple worthwhile aspects to it.

First, the Gallery section on Corny Cole was very interesting to me. The Neverwhereland sequence is one of the highlights of the HM movie for me. I had no idea he was so prolific. I was surprised to not find a Wikipedia entry for him. (note, there is a F-book page for him, the Tao of Corny I believe)

Next, the reprinting of the stories that were used for the movie was nice, in that it gave those who had not seen them a chance to see where they came from.

The beginning of Den was really cool, as always, and reminded me again of that time in the late 70's. I had even forgotten about the lizard girl.

I also really liked the entire So Beautiful and So Dangerous. Those who were able to see this and compare to the movie sequence could see how different they were and that the HM story had a great deal more going on.

fred

No comments: