Saturday, October 22, 2011

Re: 2009 - Present issue' ratings 1-9

well, I figure I've waited long enough for Intone Flux, but I hope he decides to weigh in.

Spring 2011, Living Dead Special:

Heavens, I've lived long enough that a special's name actually relates to the contents! Hope I didn't spoil it for anyone.

Spaghetti Gunsmoke - 8 (I thought this was great. The usual Azurek mayhem and disdain for perspective that I enjoy, with funny writing and an almost thoughtful ending. Best I've seen from them.)

100 Souls: the City of the Damned - 7 (I thought this was very well done, with more originality in the story than I might expect from a zombie tale.)

Take Your Time - 7 (short and sweet, and, um, incisive)

Zombies: The Divine Comedy - 9.5 (man, I liked this. The art was nice with composition and detail I liked. The story was excellent and the telling fantastic, with a wide range from hilarious to gripping to poignant. This is the best story I've seen in HM for a long time.)

I'll admit I'm not a big zombie fan, but this issue had so much to offer that I really enjoyed. Also I thought the ads with full page graphics actually added to the content, and at least the old HM website ad was on the back of the order form. I hope it keeps up like this.


No comments: