Saturday, October 22, 2011

Re: 2009 - Present issue' ratings 1-9

cover - 8 (It's more than just another pinup, and Royo is very good. The treatment of the HM logo is complementary. I wouldn't know it's related to the content if it hadn't been pointed out. I must be missing something, again.)

Dossier - 7 (More powerful blasts from the past.)

Gallery - 6 (Some good stuff here, wish there was more to it. The book sounds interesting.)

Khulan - 8 (I found the art and style quite appealing, and the black hair on the 6th page only added mystery. The story is well told, a time-worn subject made exciting.)

Arawn - 7 (The art is great though not consistently so, I like the story enough even with the uneven translation, but if I hadn't read the previous one in HM about a hundred years ago it would have been harder to enjoy.)

Records of the Human Arrival to Planets Aqua and Gris - 8 (The art is good, he seems to like portraits too. I like the story and its telling survives the translation barrier.)

Metal Media - 7 (Here we go. A review/article looking forward to complement Dossier's looking back. Nice idea and I hope it keeps up.)

Sleepless Night - 6 (Haven't seen Azpiri for a while, it's fun and I know some people really like him.)

Goliath-Outpost - 7 (Now there's some mayhem for ya. Pretty cool and I hope this bodes well for the movie and that it actually comes out someday.)

Artist Studio -6 (From forum poster to the mag's pages. A look at his website shows that this guy is pretty prolific and has been doing it for a while, which is more impressive to me than some of this work. That's ok, he's got more.)

back cover - 7 (Pretty nice, the paint texturing adds to it here and in the story.)

No comments: