Saturday, October 22, 2011

Re: 2010 - Present issue' ratings 1-9

Summer 2010, where again it is clear that knowing the meaning of the names of specials is forbidden.

Cover - 7 (not very bright or eye-catching, but the composition and detail are appealing to me, and I liked the somewhat translucent logo)

Battery Acid - 6 (I liked the art here better than #1 in Spring 2009, color helps, but the "story" is even more pointless (though I did like the line "Indeed! "Why me?" On this, the most important question, we agree" ). I don't mind a serial but I hope they come more often than once a year.

Sinkha: Atmosphere and Planet of the Clouds - 7 (I enjoyed looking at this, and trying to follow it was ok. I'm afraid that the art technique that was groundbreaking in 1996 has only slightly improved, the detail and lush imagery are offset by rather stiff poses and composition. Still fun to see, and I wonder if this is really the end of the story.)

No comments: