Monday, March 25, 2019

Paul Kirchner

Paul Kirchner did The Bus in Heavy Metal Magazine, from the second issue until 1985, the end of the monthly era.  I really liked it, it did a lot of storytelling in less than half a page, and thought it was a big part of what made HM what it was to me.  He did several other stories in that time that I liked, like The Temple of Karvul in February 1979 and Critical Mass of Cool in November 1984.  Maybe I didn't think his art was the most spectacular in the mag, but it was very good in stories that made you think.


There was a return of The Bus in HM #276, and I had hoped for more, but I haven't come across it.  He does sell books including a couple The Bus compilations.


The Bristol Board recently had some Dope Rider stories listed, which is what got me thinking about this.  Dope Rider was in High Times way back when, and it appears Mr Kirchner is producing new stories.  It wasn't in HM, but it's pretty cool regardless.  Check it out.

No comments: