Friday, April 26, 2019

#293 preview

In the first new "news" entry on the HM website in over a year, there's a preview of #293:


http://www.heavymetal.com/previews/heavy-metal-magazine-issue-293/


It announces this issue is now for sale, but I haven't seen it in a store yet.  We're just getting the first issue of the year at the end of April, jeez.


But it's a pretty nice preview, touching on many stories I'm looking forward to, especially The Door and Murky World.  There are cover images too.  I expect to get the cover "A" at the store:






Though I was struck by the image for the cover "C", "REMANENT HEAD 2" by Wanjin Gim:






It's pretty fantastic and strikingly similar to the Spring 1987 cover by Jim Warren:






(this image is from Lostboy's Heavy Metal Magazine Fan Page, and my Covers post from a while back)


I just hope I come across this new issue soon.





1 comment:

BiLL said...

really the covers are getting very good as it was in the 70's