Monday, October 14, 2019

Dean Haspiel interview

So it's been over a year since I wrote about Dean Haspiel and his play "The Last Bar at the End of the World", and this flimsy connection with my HM fanworld.  I recently figured out that an interview with Mr Haspiel about this play back then, was done by Hannah Means-Shannon, now HM's Senior Editor.  So that makes it worthwhile to me to post about it.


Foreshadowing Ms Means-Shannon's interviewing prowess, as now on display in (both of...) this year's issues, she gets some in-depth answers from Mr Haspiel, and from some real-live New York performers from the show, Philip Cruise, Ed Miller, and Anna Stefanic.


It makes me wish there was more Mr Haspiel in HM.  He seems busy, as noted on his website http://www.deanhaspiel.com/ and his other internet outlets, with his success with his Red Hook series.  But this was a pleasant diversion from waiting for the #295 issue of the mag, and trying to decide how annoyed I am that Soft Wood exists.

No comments: