Friday, June 12, 2015

Tex Arcana

Some new Tex Arcana pages appeared a few days ago.  A bit more than a year after the last new entries.  This time I'll let you go to texarcana.com and find it yourself, it's easy.  Enter the site, proceed to the book listings and go the the fourth one (click on the stars), the new pages start at 352, and there are eight of them.  There are now over 80 pages to the fourth book.


It's terrific to see this new work from Mr Findley.  It continues with the fine line work and hatch shading, and gruesome mortifaction and horrifying mystery, that I so enjoy.  The story continues, near and far in time and space from Hangman's Corners.  I don't know that there's anything comparable out there.  I can't express enough gratitude to Mr Findley for continuing with this decades-long project and sharing it with us.


I still think HM should engage Mr Findley to serialize Tex Arcana in the magazine.  It would be at least as cool as having new work from Bilal.  I can only hope that I, and the paper mag, live long enough for it to happen.


thanks again Mr Findley.

No comments: