Friday, November 22, 2013

XTIN again

Jeremy Ray has started again on XTIN.  This is apparently to be a sequel to XTIN: The Dragon's Dream World, which I thought was inscrutable and terrific:

jrxtin.deviantart.com

It's just a few pages in, but it looks neat and interesting.  It's in color, mostly blues and blacks so far.  One of the things I enjoyed the most about the previous TDDW was the black and white art, which was at once stark and dramatic.  In this case the color makes it look quite different than the previous installment.  I think it demonstrates that Mr Ray has some artistic range to work with, and I'm happy he's sharing it with us.

A disadvantage to being on deviantart is that sign-in is required to view get past the mature content filter.  I'm not sure if I will sign up just to see a couple images.  Besides this minor annoyance, I'm glad Mr Ray has started this again and I hope that deviantart is a good platform that helps provide the exposure his work deserves.  Go take a look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(BiLL) fred i found all editions hm for download. http://www.filecrop.com/search.php?w=heavy%20metal%20magazine&opt_t=1&opt_d=0&c=30&m=0&size_i=0&size_f=100000000&engine_r=1&engine_m=1&engine_h=1&engine_d=1&engine_e=1&engine_4=1&pos=31&order=score&mod=dec

fred said...

wow, I already have them all, but I might check some of these out. thanks

fred said...

So Mr Ray quits XTIN again (see the comments):

http://jrxtin.deviantart.com/art/XTIN-Rebirth-Sex-Magick-Chap-01-pg-13-415786542

and wants to devote his efforts to animation:

http://vimeo.com/82258599

I'm disappointed he won't continue, and I hope his animation work gets better. I'm sorry he now considers XTIN a waste of time, I think it's spectacular and fascinating.

I admit I don't know what it's like to be able to produce superior work or what it's like to feel underappreciated for it, but I still wish he'd be able to stick with it.

I wish him best of luck.

fred