Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks Lostboy

Lostboy recently announced that he will no longer update his site beyond a few movie items and others:

heavymetalmagazinefanpage.com

Personally I am quite disappointed.  Lostboy's site is a tremendous resource for HM fans, and his perspective has been affectionate but not blindly accepting.  However, he doesn't owe me anything, and I respect his decisions.

I found his site when I was just getting back into HM, and I was searching for references to the Timothy Leary interview in the October 1983 issue.  Back then it came right up and I was amazed at the depth of information he had compiled.  (now it's back about 5 pages in search results)

I and other HM fans owe Lostboy a debt of gratitude for his efforts and the wealth of information his site offers.  I can only wish him the best and hope he keeps in touch.

No comments: