Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Kranburn

Ben Michael Byrne put up some new Kranburn, 6 pages this time, first update in almost two months, see the link on my Links page.  They're not for the squeamish.


On the last page, he adds a comment explaining his delays.  It seems he's a forgetful chap, he's busy, and it appears old injuries and medications are making drawing not fun anymore for him.  This partly makes sense, since he keeps busy with other stuff as well (Job Dun, NSEW), but there's also dozens of pages done and printed already (I bought the books) beyond what has been posted on the webcomic, so there's plenty of material for the near term.  I'm not complaining about a free webcomic (unlike some of the knuckleheads commenting on the webcomic) but I'll admit I wish someone could help him keep the Kranburn webcomic moving.


As it is, he mentions that FEC comics has suggested another artist could pick up his stories.  I dunno, they're no better at updating their web presence, and it wouldn't be the same, but Mr Byrne's writing and storytelling is good, so continuing to get that part would be better than none at all.


So here's wishing Mr Byrne all the best life has to offer, and some thanks for what he has freely given us, and my hope that Kranburn can be continued (on its long, torturous path) to completion.

No comments: