Sunday, April 29, 2012

(crickets chirping)

it's been pretty quiet in my corner of the HM universe.  the new issue hasn't shown up at my local bookstore yet.  I'm looking forward to whining about it, the four cover versions is an idea that might have been good but didn't turn out that way.

Lostboy's HM fan page hasn't shown an update for months, not that I really expect one.  Gates has stopped, Rod Kierkegaard has been quiet, though I got his Mirrorland and I'm reading that slowly, xtin has fallen off the page but might be somewhere else, he was complaining of needing to do something else, but I hope it gets done.  Kranburn continues, and I did get the second issue so I suppose I could put up a review.

I did email John Findley to ask if Tex Arcana might continue.

1 comment:

IF said...

Yes, there is a silence, mixed with delay of this new anniversary issue. No sample pages were provided, either. I think the shop will receive the Mag this coming week, however I don't know if I should order it? If it's all previously printed material (as it seems to be the case) I have no use for it.
4 different covers and non of them breaking the mould is somewhat pointless, if you ask me. (Well, except the obvious reason to cash on the collectors) I saw in the new Previews there is going to be 2 covers down the road; one for the newstands, and a previews exclusive, so it might turn into a practice. Hopefully it will help the revenue, and we will get some great reading material out of it.
No news on the movies, either.
We'll practice patience, till it breaks our boredom.

Perhaps it's just a calm before the Storm.